Joining AUTO Membership
Membership of the Association is open to those organizations whose primary activities are the planning, marketing and execution of package tours in Uganda. Members must be limited companies registered in Uganda, and must have the minimum infrastructure and staffing to allow them to carry out their activities in accordance with the Association's Code of Conduct.
Required Information For Membership
1. Certificate of incorporation (photocopy)
2. Memorandum and Articles of Association (photocopy)
3. Trading License (photocopy)
4. Particulars of shareholders
5. Particulars of directors
6. Company contact details
7. Details of services provided
8. Staff CV's
9. Details of vehicles / boats / rafts or other equipment to be used for tourist owned by the company and copies of the log books as proof.
10. Details of marketing methods employed
11. Details of one proposer, who should be an existing member of Association and director (or of similar standing) of the proposing company.
12. Joining Fee Ushs 100,000
13. Annual subscription fee Ushs 750,000, which expires on the 31st December
14. A site visit will be carried out by the secretariat to ascertain if your organization and business premises can be considered to be of a sufficiently high standard befitting a professional tour operator
Please ensure that all information is provided correctly and in full as failure to do so may result in your application being delayed.
The Board of Directors at their next board meeting will review your application, and you will be informed in writing of the outcome of your application.
The Association reserves the right to reject applications and will provide reasons in writing as to why an application has been rejected.
Download the AUTO Membership Application Form from this link (Adobe PDF 950KB) to start the process of your membership to the association. This form opens with Adobe Reader version 6 or later. For a free download visit www.adobe.com
This form should be given to non-member companies wishing to join AUTO.
It should also be given to previous members who wish to re-join AUTO.
• Applicants must fill this form electronically (except on the specified fields). They should then print the form, and sign / stamp appropriately on Page 5.
• They should then take the form to an existing AUTO member to be proposed. The existing AUTO member should sign and stamp the appropriately on Page 5.
• The form plus the specified documentation should then be bound as a booklet and taken with to the AUTO Secretariat, where it will be processed.
* Effective immediately, the old application form will no longer be accepted. Prospective members must use the new form.
* All fields (except where signatures / stamps are required as above, and specified on the form) MUST BE FILLED ELECTRONICALLY, and printed. AUTO will not accept handwritten forms.